The inevitable game
We're ready to play
You step inside, scared;
Will you last a day?
You're weak inside-
You can't blame anyone;
Look at what circumstances
To you have done.
I know you're ready
To give up and run-
But before you go
And miss all the fun
Look at me once;
I've been waiting
By your side
While you've been fighting
And even while you cried.
When your back was turned
I protected you, so you
Could watch and learn.
Haven't I asssured you
When you felt low?
Despite the things you do,
Did I let you go?
Have I ever lead
You down a path
Not to be tread?
Did I not forgive you
When you broke my trust
Again and again
And tore me to pieces
While repent you feigned?
I could have left you-
But the journey i couldn't start-
I should have left you-
But the bonds of the heart!
They tie me to you.
Can I leave while
You grope around in the dark
With fingers of a little child?
I've watched out for you
I've taken the blame
Don't leave me here
While we're in the game.
That's all I ask of you.
Stay by my side, friend.
-Nicky Eira