Wednesday, March 31, 1999

Lonely

Sometimes when trust fails me
When I feel all alone
Not a friendly figure
In the darkness
I think,"I'm all alone in this world.."

Many a time I've been proven true
I've nowhere to go
No one to trust
It's just I, me, and myself
To fight it out in this world

When I fall down
Who helps me get up?
When I'm racing ahead
Who tell me I'm doing
Pretty well?

When I'm confused
Who tells me that the right path
Is right there?
When I'm unsure
Who tells me that I can make
The best decisions for myself?

When I'm tired of trying
Who tells me I can do it?
When I feel scared of the future
Who tells me
Everything will be alright?

Why do I need to tell myself everything?
Why is life so lonely?
Why do I need to push away
My friends from time to time
And "move on in life"?

Why is it so hard to leave the past?
Why is it, that when I dream
Of the future, I am not alone,
But the path to that future
Is lonely and desolate?

Why do I need someone with me
To go together along life
But that someone keeps changing?
And why must I realize that
"I'm all alone in this world..."?

-Nicky Eira