Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Birthday Wishlist 17

Exactly a week from now, a glorious event you've all  been waiting for will arrive. You're obviously panicking about what on earth you're supposed to gift that extremely weird fool who's supposed to be your friend. *Telecaster voice* This guide will tell you everything you need to know! Call 1-800-4194-GIFT!

Eh, enough of that. Since Anushka and I always have problems (*cough-two-hour-phone-calls-cough*) about gifting on birthdays, she came up with the, er, fantastic idea of making.. ta-da.. a wishlist. (Can't you hear the excitement in my voice...?) So I managed to come up with a few things I'd like this year. I have a feeling I missed out a lot of stuff, but who cares?

Note: Typed in random order. I probably even prefer the 7th one more that the 1st, or something.

Flowers? I like flowers. They're.. pretty. It's really a shame that people think flowers are too formal to gift. I like carnations the best, followed by lilies, gerber daisies, and pink-orange roses.

I like fruits, nuts, chocolates, and food. If you're in a rush, drop by at a super market. I fall in love there everyday. Especially with cookies!!! Cookies, I always maintain, are good for the soul.

I am absolutely fascinated by the wonder that is the Swiss Army Knife. I want one sooooo bad. Problem is, with all the security checks and frisking everywhere I go around the city, I can't carry it around in my purse (I will have a purse! I will! ...Starting next year, maybe.) without being embarrassed or explaining it to the security or even having it taken away. Ank was gonna buy me one, I know, but I'm sorry for bursting your bubble. ^_^

Wool. Simply put, wool. I need another color other than baby blue to knit with. That thing is freaking 10 years old-- I bought it to knit a scarf for my yet-to-be-born brother. I'm guessing there's better wool out there. You don't even need to get me anything else if you have the wool. =D

You know those crochet/embroidery/craft sets that everyone ignores in stores? The kind you're supposed to finish and frame and put up on your wall? I like those. ^^

I desperately need a new cover for my iPod touch. My old one broke a few days ago, and all the jewels are falling out, so..

My shoe size is 8.

Er, my plan to stop stuffing money in my pocket and actually carry a purse from next year? I'll need a purse or bag for that. I already have those dainty little purses courtesy aunts and cousins-- I need one of those big carry-it-all, matches-everything bags.

I like things that smell good. You can tell by the sweet-smelling flower bowl I keep in my room everyday. So go ahead and buy me perfume or body spray or anything, I wouldn't mind. I won't be offended like Piks thinks one would be XD My favorite scent, ever, is Black Amethyst (from Bath and Body Works, so get it shipped to India in time for my birthday, if you will =P). I don't mind Enchanted Orchid either. Oh, and before I forget-- I don't do fruity. Please, for the love of all that is holy, do not gift me anything that smells like a fruit, like last year-- I still don't know what to do with that 'Tempting Apple'. I like floral stuff.

If you can get hold of Jolly Ranchers, or Ice Breakers, good for you.

One thing I'd love is a good ink pen. You know, a fountain pen, the one where you refill ink and stuff.

Books are back on the list this year. I miss them so much, because I can't even buy a good novel any more without getting dirty looks from my parents. I'm currently lusting for Artemis Fowl and the Atlantis Complex, or any good Agatha Christie book. I've read almost all of Miss Marple, so Poirot is preferable. Even better, one of those Agatha Christie Omnibus things. I already have the 1930's omnibus, and I love it. Heck, you can even buy me the most boring looking historical book on the shelf, because I'll love it =)

I don't have a single slightly fancy watch with see-able numbers. Or even a decent-looking digital one!  I'd really love to have one. Important-- I. Must. Be. Able. To. Tell. The. Time. Clear markings of numbers/digital display preferable. XD

*Blushes* My Barbie collection is complete, neatly arranged in boxes and thrown into the last cupboard, but there was one I could never find-- one of the Zodiac ones. I found the Gemini and Sagittarius ones, but never the Capricorn doll. So... although I highly doubt they're still out there... I really don't want to give up on that childhood birthday wish from years ago XD

One of the most useful gifts from last year was a CD. A music CD =P If you can get your hands on any Micheal Buble (my current addiction-- pronounced boo-blay) or even instrumental stuff-- piano, especially-- or even Micheal Jackson's newest whatever, if it's out by then, or just something you think I should listen to, buy it.

You can never have enough windchimes, don't you think? =P

If you're still clueless, the only makeup I like is eyeshadow and eye related stuff. XD

If you feel like having a slave for life, get me iPod headphones. I'm dying for them since Oreo chewed my last ones. Preferably rounded ones, not ones with edges that are really hard to stuff into your ear and keep falling out (if you have no clue which one I'm talking about, I mean the first Google Image result when you type 'ipod headphones', and not the second result.)

Here's what not to gift me: Clothes (except like, skirts and dresses and scarves, because I don't have any, despite really liking them; normal stuff, I have too many), random useless diaries and stationery (except like, shiny fabric paints =D), stuff I could buy without hesitation when I walk into a shop, board games, photo frames (LOL), room decor, blah blah blah.

And no matter what you give me, I'll always be happy because of some weird hormonal imbalance which makes me go all sentimental on my birthday. Gosh, even writing this list makes me feeling all guilty and demanding. Damn you, Ank -_-

Last link in the chain: My dad asked me what I wanted for my birthday. I asked him for 5 dollars to upgrade my iPod software to the newest version. He was all, '...And?' It turns out that I could have asked for that measly upgrade anytime, and I had been stupid to save it up as a birthday wish. Gah.

Usually I'm so tense about starting a new year, but this time I already feel so 17. Huh. Maybe I'm getting better at this getting-older thing everyone keeps talking about XD

4 comments:

Praise the Lord, Spoil the Child said...

Happy birthday in advance! I'll wish you again on the actual day. :)

I wonder if FIITJEE will be open on the 4th.

Nicky Eira said...

Ah, thank you =]
I don't think so, and I'm not coming to school in January anyways... Are you?
I'm so glad I don't have school on my birthday. =D

H'anya said...

you know what sucks?
you've turned seventeen, i haven't seen you, and my oh-so-great panned gift... is... happening in a slow and steady baby-step phase.

and.. umm... can i share some love on your blog?
i've got some to give!

Nicky Eira said...

Honey, I've been planning your gift for two years, and it still hasn't happened. What was supposed to be your sixteenth birthday present will now be your eighteenth XD