Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Eagles and Lions

First post of the new year! And damn, I missed January. It just slipped through my fingers. February seems to be following suit.

I don't have anything to write about. And yet I'm here.

My mom brought home green eyeliner and purple nail polish today. I thanked her profusely. I haven't seen nail polish in a very long time XD I'm just so used to Chirec's no-nail-polish policy, and am so addicted to the clean nails look, that nail polish feels so weird. I'll probably remove this ...demon-like coating in a few days.

I finally caught up with the Bleach manga today. NOTHING has happened. They just pulled out Chad's hollow powers and made up a new story about its origins. Only potential I see in this crap is about the new powers Ichigo's about to obtain (in a doll house, no less) ... I miss Soul Society so bad. Damn.

I suppose my favorite Bleach arcs, in order, are: Turn Back the Pendulum, Soul Society arc, the Winter War part before Deicide (which apparently, is similar to patricide and homicide, and means killing of a god/deity, hence the 'dei'-- or so I've heard), and then the Hueco Mundo arc (and that too only after the Captains arrive XD). The rest are just.. there, or not worth mentioning. Okay, there's the Arrancar arc. That was fine. As you may notice, all my favorite arcs feature Soul Society and its captains. Ichigo and his friends aren't all that exciting XD I mean, Ichigo's okay. He doesn't exude the stupidity most protagonists do; but the awesomeness of the Gotei 13 officers is marked on a different scale.

I'm so frustrated about where Bleach is going. Hopefully it will pick up in a few months -_- My brother stopped reading the manga after the War ended. Currently he's watching all 3 seasons of Beyblade again, to refresh his memories of Kai-awesomeness. XD Oh, those were the good days. Me and Jasmine waxing lyrical about Kai on the way to the coaching we used to go to together, admiring my Kai pendant. Which was actually a jewelled flower with no relation to Beyblade, except for the fact that the color was the same as Kai's light purple eyes in Season 3. I wore it almost everyday, but not just for fangirling reasons LOL The color was beautiful.

I bought this CD for my practical exams, considering how little we've actually done in the lab. The videos are freakin' hilarious. I don't know whether to die laughing at its lameness or try to be serious and learn something from it.

I just came back from my biggest trip around the city since school ended. What was meant to be a visit to the temple branched out into this jewellry shopping fest with my mom and this auntie who just can't keep her mouth shut. She's actually really nice and caring, and I would like her if it weren't for the fact that she's amazingly grating on my nerves. She's also one of those old aunties who will most probably find you a suitable 'match' through her contacts, and then live for another 30 years to annoy you and your spouse about how she was the square root of your happiness (whether it exists or not).

Bottom line? Being paraded around with jewellery from head to waist in front of a full length mirror with 3 attendants holding everything in place... was really not my idea of how my afternoon would be spent.

Steffie just came home and left. She is so damn awesome. Even Ank says so, and coming from the self-proclaimed Queen of Awesome, that should be something. XD

She gifted me a Clark's Tables book. Like I said, so damn awesome.

Long purple nails actually make typing easier. Hmm.

The last two weeks have been quite tremulous and worrisome with 'Diti-chan's news, Shagun's twice-a-day phone calls about academics (she's been driven quite insane by the stress, if I may say so), and the lack of grapes. I haven't spoken to Malavika in a long while-- we've met, but where are the heart-to-hearts of yore? There's always someone else around.

I'm craving for chocolate so, so bad. The only ones I have with me right now have nuts in them, and thanks to the new criss-cross rubber bands on my braces my dentist put for the last month or so, I can't chew anything without a good amount of pain. Nuts are totally out of the question.

My dad came back from San Diego this week. He brought us Super Mario Galaxy 2 for the Wii (what would I do without you, Steffie?) and a Kindle! =D Well, technically, it's for my dad, but I can use it, right? Especially after he forgets about its existence *evil snicker* Oh, there we go with the nutty chocolates again *sigh*

Tomorrow I'll be visiting the US Consulate to renew my passport. This postpones the question of changing to Indian citizenship until I'm 22, the next time my passport expires. Which is a good thing. I don't want Indian citizenship. End of discussion.

Last link in the chain: ...And anyways,  I like the eagle on my passport. I don't do lions.

5 comments:

Praise the Lord, Spoil the Child said...

Eagles pwn.

H'anya said...

I haven't tried nail polish in a long while too. Maybe because my interactions with people have lessened so there isn't a chance for more "pick the odd nail colour out for yourself".. *wink*
Doesn't mean there isn't the *need* for it though. *smirk*

And yes. Kai. oh sweet kai. insanely intense hidden-love kai. kai whose emotional quotent matches sesshoumaru, the hide-er-of-emotions-who-is-a-wolf-demon which somehow drives me insane.
I miss the anime days. the... seven shows a day time! oh la la!

presently, i've been watching the new beyblade metal fusion instead, and the hottest character's assumed to be dead, and he covers his face 24x7. sadness!

and... let's see, can you BELIEVE, there's the bachelor, the bachelorette from 2005 and then the NEW bachelor. my state is pityful i know.

And i have no idea why i'm ranting here. how public IS your blog? 0.o

Nicky Eira said...

@Kaiser: Damn right they do. XD I also found out that my passport will now be issued for ten years instead of five, since I'm above 16. No question at all about the eagle until I'm 27 =D And obviously, no question at all after that.
@'Diti-chan: I miss the anime days with you, but I don't miss the anime-- I'm still into it XD You, my dear, should get into Bleach or anything else you like so we can die watching awesomeness. =]
Metal Fusion kind of sucks. Actually, cross out the 'kind of'. Where are those epic battles, that pumping emotion, those super awesome characters?? Remember Kai vs, Brooklyn, or Kai vs. Tyson in G-revolution? *dies*
XDXD Me and Nikki were talking about those shows and dying of laughter-- I'm telling you, they only give you a huge self esteem boost by showing you how dumb people out there can get LOL
My blog is public. Since only people I trust have the address-- 6 people, to be precise-- And a random reader wouldn't know who I am anyways.

Queen of Awesome said...

Self proclaimed??! Excuse me? You know it's a universally accepted thing!

Nicky Eira said...

Bleh, bleh, whatever.
You were online while I was editing the design? *cringes* My blog usually looks like a mess right then. Lucky you. =P