Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Eagle Strikes Again

See, why would I get rid of my Eagled passport when it's so freaking awesome? My SAT Subject Test scores came in today. I got 800's in Chemistry, Physics, and Math Level 2. Woot, baby. XD
This, along with my passport, gives me a direct entry into at least 2 of my top colleges-- NIT Warangal and IIIT Hyderabad. Albeit with a higher fee, but who cares? I'm in! Technically speaking I don't even have to write AIEEE anymore, but obviously I am.

My passport renewal trip was adventurous. We ended up at the Consulate 40 minutes early, so we went shopping nearby and bought my mom reading glasses, and two pairs of shoes. But when we went back, the security (why couldn't he have told us about it before??) didn't allow my mom in because the ID she brought (her passport) expired recently. And that was such a great blow to my super-organizer-dad's ego, since he didn't bring her PAN card, either. For kids below 16, both parents have to attend the 'interview', so after an hour of red tape and waiting, we reached the final desk where this bald guy told us that Manvith's passport could not be renewed until he came back with both parents, on some other day. Fortunately I'm 17, so I got my stuff done. He asked me where I was born, and for one heart-stopping, frightening moment, I forgot (!?!), and was about to say 'San Diego' when the rest of the sentence ( San Diego, Pomerado, 6:31 PM, 8 and a quarter pounds) reminded me that was Manvith's birth details, not mine. So I intelligently blurted, 'S-uh.' And then proclaimed, 'Plano, Texas! 7:16 PM, black hair, black eyes, 9 pounds, 21 1/4 inches!' ... XD Nah, I just said the first two words. And he smiled and went, 'My mother lives near there!' Talk about small blessings. And that was it. I signed on a receipt and headed out.

I'm no longer an illegal immigrant. Yeah. Not for 10 more years.

So I got down to watching my physics practical CD today. I finished all the second year experiments. *Yawn*

I found my dad's J.D. Lee for Inorganic Chemistry. It's a 1977 version. For some reason this excites me. It has a lot more than the things we study these days. This summer I'd love to read it... even if we're done with our tests.

Last link in the chain: I hate opening the windows to find pigeons pecking and mating. Damn it!

3 comments:

H'anya said...

Aww. You're no longer illegal.
Dang. so that's the closest one of us will ever get to doing something "wrong", and i'll happily leave it there.

And your SAT scores are freakishly awesome! I am SUPER DOOOPER proud of you, and *hug*!
yeah, i hugged you! Wachyagonnadu? huh? huh? huh?

hehe.

and i love old awesome books. I took my dad's oooold book titled "Angiospersms" for first year reading like 10 months after first year ended, but yeah. I wish i'd get around to doing some serious... um... stuff.
till then, cheers anyways!
when we reach that point, it's CHEERS again!

and will always be... CHEERS!
YAY!
<3

H'anya said...

and what the...?

did *I* HAVE to know about your window scenery?
i mean, WHY? WHAT great horribly tragic sin have i committed?
EEEKs.....
Freaky girl.

is THAT your inspiration to suddenly immerse yourself in mathematics to distract yourself?
and no. I'm fine with my own strategy of... mood-decides-my-studyness.

Nicky Eira said...

Hehe, yes. After reading your comment I went and looked up a US citizen's rights in India on the consulate website. Apparently they can't do much if you're arrested, other than provide an attorney and visit you regularly. Ah, well. XDXD However, they stressed on the importance of this right and urged us to contact them asap when you're arrested =P
Hug? *hugs back* Chopped, punk =P
0.0 Oh, beautiful, beautiful book!! Does it have pictures of flowers? I WANT. And that etiquette book. ;D
Hahaha, well it isn't my fault it's mating season. Crappy pigeons. And I mean that literally. XD