It's the end of summer again, and I've hit that period where I'm almost ready to go back to college, but still reveling in the happy freedom of having nothing to do. Second year is done and I scraped through somehow. God bless subjects like humanities and engineering systems. :P
Today was a really, really boring day. The weather was perfect-- grey and cloudy and drizzling-- and I spent most of my time lazing in my amazingly soft new blanket, but I had run out of things to do online. Looked up everything from cooking to crafts, stalked an acquaintance's boyfriend on Facebook, reheated the crepes I made yesterday and ate them with Nutella. (They're excellent, if I may say so myself).
So when I sat down in front of the computer, firstly, I clicked on my Samurai Champloo OST playlist on YouTube. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ydC8hKt-1w&list=RD02YEkVwSzq07M, for those interested). Then after the same internet routine (fb, gmail, student mail, the fresher's forum where I am a moderator) I finally got my blog.
The soundtrack really puts me in a lovely, calm mood, especially for writing. So I just got here and started writing whatever I felt like.
But who says every blog post has to be all profound? Kaiser's blog posts reminded me how much we count on our blogs later, for sweet trips down the memory lane, all the intricate details of our lives lost in the seemingly monotonous days. I can read about my days in Faraday, first year in college, and laugh and reminisce and stumble upon things I had forgotten.
I can remember the times poetry would flow naturally, words dancing around my head all the time. Oh, when I had time to think, time to breathe, time to dance with my words.
While I'm not horridly depressed (only the weather makes me contemplative like this), the loss of being able to write would leave me with nothing to lose. It is the only thing I have left, the only thing I cling to, in the countless things I had to "give up" in the course of "academics". Where has my music gone, what about my voice? My amateur artwork is only for me, and rare and mediocre. My public speaking skills of yore, the joy of speaking on stage has evaporated too, for the lack of opportunity has left me a withered, shaking mess again. "At least I have my writing," I would say, and now it slips away like the shadow across the floor at night, while I sleep; sleep in the "real world" and "practicality".
Ah, but what have I to complain about? Life is pleasant and as long as I have a purpose to define mine, I can laze around with a YouTube playlist, a few musings, and blog.
Last link in the chain: I'd wished to follow up the last post with its planned "College: Part 2", but it appears there's still time for that. I'm not in the doleful mood required for it. XD
3 comments:
Thanks for the playlist. Listening to it here at work, pretending I'm a bored anime character who isn't where he belongs. Profound blog posts have their place, especially on a blog such as yours, which is open to the public. Mine is like that dark street corner where people get high all the time, totally oblivious of the world around them.
Have you ever tried using the voice captcha? It's for people who don't think regular captcha is bad enough. It sounds like a bunch of poltergeists trying to say something grave through television static. "Type in the numbers that you hear: UIEORHJUIEHRUIHW ER (&*$Y# &YUIEH RUI#H #JF ERJI$RJ IEOJIO J$IO$J IOJIOEJIO$JEIJLKEDRJ"
Also I feel obliged to correct you on a technicality.
This paragraph, the one in which you say, "It is the only thing I have left, the only thing I cling to, in the countless things I had to give up in the course of academics," is profounder than everything on my blog put together. My blog is only good for lol's the first time you read it and pained smiles after that.
Haha. 'Tis a great playlist isn't it? :) Oh, but your blog -- and the laughs it provides -- are amazing, it just makes us miss you more. ^^
Hell no. Let me try the voice captcha this time :P
Aw, thank you. ^^ Btw, new name I see. Epic. XD
Post a Comment