Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Domestic

I'm finally at Georgia Tech. Joined by Kaiser of course ^^ So much new.

Originally, my first post after a while was supposed to be something I'd been working on for a while, but I had an exhausting two days, after which I began to cook and clean (in my own apartment! woot) to unwind. (Somehow such work gives me so much peace and satisfaction.) It feels too early to sleep, and I'd left a lovely piano playlist on Spotify open as I worked, and so obviously I had to come here.

Where to begin? So much has happened. The highs and the lows and the way this year has swept me into madness. And yet led me here somehow, ready to stake a claim on what I think should be me. And promises I'd made lightly somehow have deepened with time and loss, anchoring me more than I thought they would.

My roommate is so far the best I could ever hope for, really. But nothing surpasses the feeling of having your own place, tending to it; walking around a campus so wondrous and so large that I cannot possibly take pictures that would capture it all; all the little places to prop your feet up and study, the smell of freshly mown grass everywhere; music playing around the house all the time :)

And a place, a new city I've never been to before, to explore. I wonder how much I will end up liking/disliking this city. So far I do enjoy the fact that it's such a cultural hub of events.

Long weekend coming up soon. No plans, sigh. Wish I was doing something exciting!

Last link in the chain: Need to get out and meet people. Currently feeling the opposite of what I felt at the first month of college. So tired of people man. xD

1 comment:

Praise the Lord, Spoil the Child said...

Woot indeed. =]
This is only the beginning.
No, Captcha, I am not a crook - uh - robot.