Wow. An update so soon? Hell has frozen over, and it's bringing me down with it.
So today this random administrative guy walked in and announced that we had a lab class today, our very first one. I was pretty... well, not excited (you wouldn't be if you saw the tiny rooms modified into 'labs'; you can't even park a car in there), but I was glad to have a period out of class. And so I embarked on my happy first day of school.
The room was so damn claustrophobic!! I was pretty uncomfortable just standing there, so I took up a place right in the middle of the class. From the crap on the blackboard I figured we'd be titrating HCl with NaOH. I talked to some of my classmates. I peered into the weird instruments. In other words: I was completely normal.
The administrative guy turned out to be ... our chemistry lab teacher. I always thought he was one of those useless old peons! Our school's just amazing that way..
I watched him do the experiment, as usual wondering if my clumsy hands would kill me in the lab, when I started feeling really... woozy. I tried supporting myself by propping my elbows on the table, but that made me feel like throwing up, and I tried standing with my arms crossed like I always do, except that made me feel worse.
Pretty soon I understood the phrase 'breaking into a cold sweat'. It's weird. And really cold. All these black spots started breaking into my vision, and everything the teacher-peon was saying flew right over my head. I told my friend next to me that I wasn't feeling very well, and she said something about a window. I was so far gone I didn't realize until later that she had said, 'Let's go stand next to the window' (I wasn't able to breathe, I'm pretty sure she could hear me struggling). The teacher finally stopped talking and I stumbled over to him and asked if I could leave for a bit.
By the time I reached for the door. I couldn't see a god damn thing. So I stumbled all the way to the washroom hanging on to the wall, and my feet were dragging so weirdly (my only coherent thought at the time). I finally reached the sink and held and... swayed. (Another thought at the time-- it was ironic I was singing 'Sway' in the lab to keep myself kinda awake XD When the marimba rhythms start to play, dance with me, make me sway...) Waited for the blackout to pass, and damn, I saw my face in the mirror-- it was terrible. I wasn't planning on telling anyone about this, but it looked like my face was gonna betray me.
Sure as hell, when I walked back to the lab ten minutes later, Steffie was like, 'What the hell happened to you??'
I missed filling the burette with HCl, but since we had to take three readings, and therefore do the experiment thrice, I did different parts of it at different times, even skipping the last one and heading to class. First, I avoided filling the pipette or whatever it's called because I was already breathless, and you have to fill the damn thing by sucking in air (and risk swallowing NaOH -_-), but I had to do it the second time, and after that I decided to go to class after getting that reading.
About my face betraying me? Apparently it looked pretty terrible, so much that Jenny, my physics teacher, came to my place in the middle of the class and was like, 'Are you alright?' Damn.
I have no clue what brought this whole thing on, man! NO. Clue. At. All.
I finally took this amazing power nap in between two chemistry periods, even dreaming in my sleep. I never, ever fall asleep that fast, and have never fallen asleep in class 0.o
I was okay by the time the last period came around. So weird.. I'm still surprised at the whole thing; I've never passed out in my life. And don't tell me cheerily, 'There's a first time for everything!' ~.~
Anyways, on the way home (I'm carpooling with Piks now, yay!) I was wondering if I should tell my mom about the whole thing.. I didn't want to =P But, you know, I had to, right?
In the end, when I reached home, my mom was ..sniffling? Ah man, I'd been expecting breaking point to hit for my mom any time now, but why today of all days? Something about my dad yelling at her. My mom's sister, who's here with us now, was dealing with it, so I left it to her. And the very same aunt saw me at the dining table eating lunch and was like, 'What happened? You look so dull..'
I was like, '... I'm totally fine!' and give a little =D to look convincing. (@Kaiser: A very Hanataro-ish scene XDXD)
So that pretty much nailed my path for me XD My mom and cousin noticed as well, but everyone assumed it was because I was tired because of school. Lucky me =P
Then being the stupid person I am, I took Oreo for a walk with my cousins, and we were taking turns streaking up and down the lawn with him. I got all excited and ran like crazy before I was like.. Shit. I was obviously all super-tired again, and handed Oreo over to my cousin. I am sooo stupid.
My dad came home and attributed my face to the humidity.
This concludes my first day of twelfth grade.
Last link of the chain: As odd as it sounds, I'm glad I documented today. The first time I ever blacked out. XD
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
wow, that does sound bad. have you managed to figure out what exactly it was? it's always best to tell your parents about things like this -- even if in the end it turns out to be something that shouldn't worry you. just a sug. (it stands for "suggestion", btw.)
and today i actually got NaOH into my mouth, and then spat the whole thing over our experiment XD the guy in front of me actually drank it. so much for the HCl in his stomach. Speaking of which, the HCl was so laughably dilute that you could touch it, and it would feel like water. same with the NaOH. aside from a bitter aftertaste it left, probably because it was property of FIITJEE and everything, it really wasn't so bad. some people actually swore their tongues started burning, but they must have been imagining it.
today when jenny asked what we were doing in math, and the class answered "binomial theorem", i imagined a dreamy look coming over his face, and actually conceived the weirdest idea that he was crushing on benny XD
in retrospect that was plain gross haha
Nope, still no idea. Checked my temperature and the rims of my eyes and nails for any sudden drop in haemoglobin XD and other stuff, but I seem pretty healthy. It *might* have been lack of sleep since, like, forever.. -_- I think I shall go get that blood test my mom's been pestering me about. Sigh-- to think it has come to me volunteering for one 0.o
LOL one of my friends swallowed NaOH as well (she said that she liked the taste XDXD) yeah, the instructor told us it was really dilute, and even touched it and said,'See?' =P
LMAO I remember when he asked about that! And another similar moment when I imagined that look on his face was when he went all crazy about the beautiful-ness of physics in later stages ~.~ man, he is in LOVE with physics!
BennyXJenny Hahaha!!
Food for thought: Benny has a little toddler.
Hmm.. What do we name the chem guy?
OMG! I hope you're okay!
Maybe it WAS chlostrophiboa, coupled with Anemia, a bad neck posture, and.... tiredness!
i can't think of anything else... i mean i'm soo worried.
I used to balck out like 5 times a day (it's now once a couple of days) but that's cuz of anemia and bad neck posture!
but YOU on the other hand are delicate! i'm so worried! I'll pray for you! lol! *i sound like you're.... w/e. sigh. *
Post a Comment