Saturday, July 3, 2010

Colleges

I'm posting this after, like, a week after I planned to write this! Damn laptop had some problem, and my iPod's internet wasn't working-- that was HORRIBLE. I couldn't live without it -_-

So India Today's 2010 edition of top colleges in India came out last month, along with The Week's similar compilation. My dad and I (LOL, Ank ;P) went through the engineering section together. He nearly jumped with excitement when he saw IIIT Hyderabad on the list-- 16th in India! -- and was all like, 'If you get into it, I can drop you on the way to office!' XDXD

So the next night I read the whole thing and managed to make a rough list of colleges I could go to. Then I spent half an our banging my head and trying to put them in order of preference. I also consulted my aunt-cousin who's in college and finally came up with this:

1.IIT, Hyderabad (Like, duh. But highly unlikely.)
2.IIIT, Hyderabad (*drools*)
3.BITS, Hyderabad (*drools some more*)
4.JNTU, Hyderabad (My brother wants me to go here. Don't ask.)
5.CBIT, Hyderabad (These guys have the coolest college fests =P But of course, that's not the reason why it's on the list.)
6. Osmania University, Hyderabad (*Sigh* someone just kill me already. If I don't get into any of the above colleges, I'll have to go here. Hopefully its issues would have cleared up by then *fingers crossed*)
7.Sreenidhi Institute of Science and Technology, Hyderabad (It's newer and supposedly pretty good.)
8.IIT Chennai (Notice how far down the list this is? All because it doesn't have the word 'Hyderabad' in it -_- Story of my sad life.)
9. NIT Warangal (Despite the location-- a 3-4 hour drive from where I live-- it's supposed to be really good; it's pretty famous and all. This year it was 14th on the list, although it's been in the top 13 since 2006.)
10. ICFAI, Hyderabad (At the bottom because I always thought it was a business school! Until I found that its engineering college was one of the top colleges in the city.)

Ta-da! Notice the repeated 'Hyderabad'? Not by my choice. Sigh. At least I'll have Oreo with me *fake grin*

Hmm. Let's see.. What else has been going on lately? I can't remember right now .. damn. I think I shall go and check out what all I've missed on the internet! =O Fan fiction!!!!

I also think I'm high. Because I sound so '!' in writing here =P

Last link in the chain: I made pav bhaji today with my maid 'cause my parents went out for a movie! ... Well, at least the 'pav' part XDXD

4 comments:

lifesmellslikewiltingflowers said...

Osmania University is really good, I thought?!
But good luck!!!

Nicky Eira said...

it is.. but thanks to the whole telangana thing, it has like a pretty bad reputation now. all the students caused such a ruckus and commited suicides and all. you know, the general attention grabbing, indian news channel stuff. XD

H'anya said...

WOW. There really is "hyderabad" in over three-quarters of your list!
But the bright side is, you *have* a list!
I'm completely lost! Did i tell you that i made a 26 point list on career options. Then after careful consideration for hours, struck out ten options!
anyways.. hope you get into the best!
and btw, Osmania doesn't have as many issues as is publicised. My friend goes, so she told me. it's hyped a lot.

Nicky Eira said...

thanks, both of you, for the good luck and stuff.
really? thats good to hear. yeah, people are kind of forgetting about it all now. like i said, hopefully it'll be all right by the time i get there.