Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Tumultuous Spring

Returned to Atlanta for spring semester. What a year it has been, highly eventful - probably the longest year of my life since 1998.

So much to say, and yet I can't find the words. I ended up going back to read my posts on college and FIITJEE - the ones that covered a large chunk of what life was back then. I'm so glad I've documented these parts of my life, so I can go back and feel what I felt, remember all the little things that I had forgotten, and as always, thrive in nostalgia and appreciate all the amazing people that have come into my life.

Ah, those were good times for my blog - not just a place where I'd dump emotions, but actually plan interesting posts and work on them. I feel I need a "recording Georgia Tech days" post. I want to be regular on my blog so desperately - I feel so complete when I execute posts, when I'm writing regularly.

I've been decidedly anti-social in comparison to how I was during the first semester of college. Sometimes I think I should have built the network of friends and good company - but at the time I was either sick of people or jaded as all hell. Luckily Kaiser exists, so I keep sane.

I often look back at myself through the years - as I am fond of trips down the memory lane - and usually am not too harsh on older versions of me - I did the best I could, was the best I could be, most dilemmas and emotions were understandable - but somehow, I think, I will look back upon the present with some distaste. My headspace is a mess. There is no clarity anymore and I struggle. As a person I'm clearly not who I am anymore - just halfway where I should be, vulnerable, judgmental, anxious, - oh there is so much growing up to do! What happened for me to have gotten tired and lost patience, become cold and numb, wrapped up in my own problems?

Ah, but I've spent a happy semester here regardless. I came across a mail I'd sent to Steffie during the semester, and I'm going to put it here:

Ugh I'll be done with MS in another year. Need to update you noowwwww. xD I'm coming to Hyderabad for a month in Dec. Any chance I'll see you?

I have been living it up! Georgia Tech is much awesome and so is Atlanta. I do beseech ye to take a look at my facebook album "Tech Times" to get a comprehensive understanding of the events I've been to, haha. (More bait: I was Pulp Fiction's Uma Thurman for Halloween. With a syringe stuck in my chest. Would you like ze photos?)

Courses are Machine Learning for Trading (predicting the stock marketz with ML), Knowledge based AI (making an AI agent to solve IQ tests and other fun cognitive stuff), Distributed Computing (me and Kaiser, who is also here with me :D, have this class together. Much fun.), and this useless ass Mobile Apps course (wish I'd never taken it, grumble, hate team projects).

Pretty much crazy hectic lifestyle as always. Broke some basic sleep instinct inside my head and then sometimes pull this shit like staying up for 26 hours straight before I force myself to sleep. Run 3 days on 4 hours sleep total, or assignment/project deadlines presentations career fair madness ahhhhhhh hehehehe so much funz. Basically living on the edge, but I also refuse to give up doing fun stuff and heading out of campus or to amazing events (Atlanta is a very culturally active city), so this is probably why I live on the edge. Eh can't regret it. As you can tell I'm writing this mail sleep deprived and on coffee.

Other than that.. oh yes. Have my own apartment and doing adult-y things like cooking and cleaning and laundry. Much fun. Everything seems to be going along smooth and awesome....And then there are those days you absolutely fail at being an adult (leave clothes in the washing machine too long and cutting yourself while cleaning the chicken knife and then burning your omelette FUCK). But I do like cleaning so not many issues there. Cooking is much fun too. Once walked 2 hours in the rain to fetch chicken and make biryani coz I just needed it. :P Came out fabulous.

Flatmate is in the category of awesome, somewhere up there with you. She cooks amazing stuff too and just yesterday she made Irish Cream at home. :P I really lucked out with her. She be nerdy, awesome, bookworm, and much amaze.

Haven't gotten mugged yet. I feel so cooped up not being able to roam at night lol. Fucking annoying unsafe area right next to home. >_<

What are you upto? I expect more/same level of detail in your reply.


- Amrikan gurl

This semester, I'll try to blog more, or at least, record a week of life here, so I can look back someday and feel and remember and know.
Last link in the chain: ffnet as a study topic. Much woot, such plans. :D

No comments: